Fast Hydration Guar Gum is a derivative of Guar gum. Guar gum is an extract of guar beans and has excellent thickening and stabilizing properties which makes it useful in food and industrial applications. While India is the major exporter of Guar gum, other countries in the competition are China, Australia and Pakistan. The growing demands of Guar gum and its derivatives are attracting more and more Guar gums Exporter to provide better quality products. While Guar gum is an excellent product, its nature of intermolecular hydrogen bonding makes it difficult to be used in many industrial procedures. To deal with this, many derivatives of Guar gum has been developed, Fast Hydration Guar gum is one of them. Though physical and chemical properties of Fast Hydration Guar Gum may vary depending on the processing methods, a few consistent features seen in all the final product of processing is as follows:
- Colour: Colour of the final product may vary from Off-white to pale yellow.
- Quick results: When regular Guar gum can take 1-2 hours to show to effect, Fast hydration guar gum achieves 80% of viscosity in the first few minutes.
- pH: While it has the ability to work in a wide range of pH, it gives the best result in a range of 5-8 pH.
- Thickening capability: It has thickening capability up to eight times as that of starch making it the perfect fit to be used as a thickening additive.
- Stabilizer: It also acts as a stabilizer which makes it useful in the Oil and Gas drilling industries.
Manufacturing of Fast Hydration Guar Gum
The manufacturing process can differ depending on the requirements of the final product. After beans are separated from plants, following is the most common procedure followed to manufacture Fast Hydration Guar Gum:
- Drying: Once the beans are separated from Gaur plants, it is set for drying. This is usually done by exposing beans to the sun. This not only removes moisture in the seed but also helps kill most of the germ.
- Roasting: Since the final product required is in powder form, it is important to make sure that there is no presence of moisture. After drying the seed, roasting is done to remove last few presences of moisture.
- Dehusking: Dehusking is an essential procedure during processing of any kind of seed. Dehusking involves removal of husk or any such impurities which may degrade the quality of the final product.
- Polishing & Pulverizing: After dehusking, seeds are initially polished to give them a bright and shining appearance. Later, seeds are sent for pulverizing where it is reduced to fine particles (powder form). Thus obtained powder is then added with certain additives to give the derivate known as Fast hydration guar gum.
Preservation of Fast Hydration Guar Gum
When manufacturing is not the last step, preservation of the products is taken into account to make sure quality of product remains over a duration of time. Preservation can be done following a few easy steps.
- Quality of seeds: Check the quality of raw seeds because ultimately the product is just the processed form of the seeds. If seeds are not in good condition, the powder produced from it won’t last long.
- Final product: Quality test for the final product should be done.
- Packaging: The product should be packed in moisture proof packing.
- Storage: It is recommended that the product is stored in cold storage away from direct sunlight.