Usage of Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum in Clinical Division
Guar Gum is a natural gum procured from the endosperm of seeds of Guar plant. This plant is mainly grown in India and Pakistan. The Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum is prepared by treatment of guar gum with p-endogalacto-mannase from a strain of Aspergillus niger. It is used in wide range of food products and fiber supplements due to its distinct properties.
Attributes which makes it Suitable for Clinical Division
- Partially hydrolyzed guar gum is considered as GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe products).
- It is a water soluble compound, hence characterized by low viscosity.
- It is colorless, odorless and tasteless. It does not alter the taste and texture of the products.
- It exerts prebiotic properties, which can increase the concentration of intestinal short-chain fatty acids, Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria.
- It is gluten-free product.
Clinical Efficacy of Partial Hydrolyzed Guar Gum
The reports of certain studies shows that
- It reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Thus, it has positive effect on the quality of life of the people with IBS. IBS is a chronic condition that affects the large intestine.
- It can relieve pain and abdominal swelling.
- It regulates digestive function and helps to relieve constipation as well as diarrhea.
- It improves Colonic Transit Time (CTT) as it increases fecal volume and stimulates peristalsis.
Some other health benefits:
PHGG is used in nutraceutical products as it has rich dietary fibers and it is highly soluble in water. It is added to the enteral nutrition of patients as it increases Bifidobacterium in the gut. Bifidobacterium are considered as friendly bacteria which accelerate the growth of good bacteria, and prevents the bad bacteria. Thus, it improves the gut flora.
- It can help one with depression, skin problems, autoimmune conditions, etc due to its probiotic properties.
- The probiotics in PHGG helps to regulate blood sugar; hence it has positive impact on the health of diabetics.
- It reduces the absorption of bile acids which forces the body to convert more cholesterol into bile acids.
- It can reduce the need of laxative.
- It may reduce the risk of colonial cancer as it cleanses colon.
The consumption of processed foods which have high levels of sugar and starch, and not consuming right fibers and prebiotics in correct quantity can cause leaky gut. The leaky gut happens when the gut lining breaks, this creates havoc as it exposes the immune system to bacteria and foreign microbes. But, the intake of partial hydrolyzed guar gum can help in improving gut flora and overall functioning of the body. Now, it is important to consider the quality of partial hydrolyzed guar gum to get the desirable results.
Why Avlast Hydrocolloids?
Avlast Hydrocolloids came into existence in 2006 with the efforts of proficient professionals of Hydrocolloids industries. It is an ISO 22000:2005 certified company and it is located in the mega-city Ahmedabad. It has tied up with Guar and Cassia growers to get the quality raw materials. It manufactures the finest quality of Guar Gum Powder, Guar Refined Splits, Guar Meal, Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder, Cassia Gum Powder, Cassia Tora Splits, Cassia Tora Meal and Cassia Tora Seed. They manufacture the products with the help of advanced technology. The stringent care and hygienic condition are maintained during the processing period. The packing is done in utmost manner so that the goods reach the purchaser in good condition.