Cassia Tora Seeds – Agricultural Production Statistics of India and Others
It is possible to trace Cassia Tora to Caesalpinacease plant family which many refer to as a wild crop. The advantage of making use of these seeds is that they are of superior quality. These Cassia Tora seeds are available in several ranges. This plant grows in many regions around the world including India. It mainly grows in the tropical regions of India, which includes Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh.
Cassia Seeds grow in many countries all around the world; this includes India, Pakistan, China and Bangladesh. It mainly grows in the low lying coastal area, near riverbanks and waste lands as well as uncultivated fields. This plant is also popularly known as Senna Tora and is found in Central America as well.
This article goes on to describe the global statistics of the usage and exports of Cassia Tora Seeds which helps one estimate the high percentage of agricultural production the world over. It also explains the global demand, usage and the various sources.Important Statistics and Facts
- As per the global Cassia Market analysis, it will reach a value of $42.4 Billion by 2026. It is projected to have a CAGR of 7.2% during the period 2019 – 2026.
- The rules and regulations in several regions around the world like China, Japan, Europe now allow the use of Cassia for various purpose including as food additive. Thus, the demand for Cassia is on the rise globally.
- There is an increase in demand of Cassia in the food industry and industrial manufacturing.
- The increase in demand is in many regions around the world like America, APAC, EMEA.
- America accounts for largest market share of Cassia; this was for the year 2017.
- As per the market predictions America will remain the market leader of Cassia for five years to come after 2017.
- The global food stabilizer market size in 2016 grew at a high rate. This was at a CAGR of 4.1% and is predicted to help the market value become $10,100 during the period 2017 – 2023.
- Cassia is a type of food stabilizer that has several applications like for bakery, dairy products, beverages, meat, poultry products, etc.
- Europe is top on list for food stabilizer. It is also in demand in other countries like US, Canada, Mexico, China, India, Japan, Australia, Korea, Brazil, Turkey and South Africa.
- The popular European countries where it is in demand include Germany, Spain, UK, Russia and France.
- China Cassia Production in 2015 – 2016 – 28,000 Tons, in 2014 – 2015 – 27,800 Tons, in 2013 – 2014 – 27,600 Tons.
- Indonesia Cassia Production in 2015 – 2016 – 40,000 Tons, in 2014 – 2015 – 38,500 Tons, in 2013 – 2014 – 39,000 Tons.
- Vietnam Cassia Production in 2015 – 2016 – 3,500 Tons, in 2014 – 2015 – 3,700 Tons, in 2013 – 2014 – 3,400 Tons.
- India is a large exporter of Cassia as are several other Asian countries.
Several countries in Asia export Cassia; this includes countries like China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam. Cinnamomum is an aromatic bark that has several applications, Cassia is one of the many species of Cinnamomum.Exports statistics of Cinnamon by country:
- Sri Lanka: (32% of total exports) US$202.5 million
- Indonesia: (23.4%) $148.1 million
- India: $3.9 million (0.6%)
- United Kingdom: $2.5 million (0.4%)
- China: $109.7 million (17.4%)
- Vietnam: $79.4 million (12.6%)
- Netherlands: $22.9 million (3.6%)
- United States: $10.5 million (1.7%)
- France: $5.6 million (0.9%)
Thus, there is a high demand of Cassia Tora Seed in several countries around the world and many places including India are the major providers.